Barley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes on 30 November 2000 at 11:30:46 -0800
 > > But if you come here, post moronic questions, get beaten for it, and
 > > then have the audacity to come back and whine publicly, then you are the
 > > most pathetic creature on Earth and deserve to die slowly and painfully.
 > > May the flies of a dozen dead camels' asses rest in your armpits!
 >
 > I cannot get over this attitude. Can it really be that the majority of the
 > qmail community feels like old Felix here?

Well, no.  And yes.

I prefer that people who waste our time through laziness not be
beaten; but I have no objection to people ignoring them, I often do
myself.  And if they come back whining about getting not help, and get
a polite explanation of why not, and start flaming, well, by then I
figure they've volunteered.

I think that people who don't understand how far from qualified to
install any MTA they are, and who don't understand the social dynamics
of user community lists for complex technical products, and who don't
seem to be interested in *learning* any of those things, are pretty
pitiful.  I stop short of thinking they deserve a slow, painful,
death, myself, though.

In other words, I agree with most of the analysis, but prefer to use
gentler language in my descriptions.
--
David Dyer-Bennet      /      Welcome to the future!      /      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SF: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/          Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon/