Thus said Jamin Collins on Wed, 29 Nov 2000 12:45:04 CST:

> > * 6 attribution lines
>
> Don't believe this is a requirement or violation of any RFC.  If it is,
> which one?
>
> > * No citation leader
>
> Once again. Don't believe this is a requirement or violation of any RFC.  If
> it is, which one?
>
> > * Trailing blank line
>
> And yet again. Don't believe this is a requirement or violation of any RFC.
> If it is, which one?

Ok,
You need to spend more time in the books and less time flapping the
jaw.  Each one of those violates RFC 1855 to some extent.  Here is the
link to the RFC and just to make things easy on you, I will quote
relevant parts of it here (you should still read it though):

    - Be brief without being overly terse.  When replying to a message,
      include enough original material to be understood but no more. It
      is extremely bad form to simply reply to a message by including
      all the previous message: edit out all the irrelevant material.

* Did you do this?

    - Do not include control characters or non-ASCII attachments in
      messages unless they are MIME attachments or unless your mailer
      encodes these.  If you send encoded messages make sure the
      recipient can decode them.

* Are you 100% certain that everyone on the list can read your goofy
windows font/content-type

    - Wait overnight to send emotional responses to messages.  If you
      have really strong feelings about a subject, indicate it via
      FLAME ON/OFF enclosures.  For example:
      FLAME ON:  This type of argument is not worth the bandwidth
                 it takes to send it.  It's illogical and poorly
                 reasoned.  The rest of the world agrees with me.
      FLAME OFF

* Is not your original post based on emotional response to someone
elses?  Just because they respond emotionally, does that justify your
ignorance of the same?

    - A good rule of thumb:  Be conservative in what you send and
      liberal in what you receive.  You should not send heated messages
      (we call these "flames") even if you are provoked.  On the other
      hand, you shouldn't be surprised if you get flamed and it's
      prudent not to respond to flames.

* No comment.

Cheers,

Andy
p.s. BTW, this applies to anyone on the list---not that I am a
netiquette cop by any means. ;-)
  7:58pm  up 27 days, 22:18,  4 users,  load average: 1.06, 1.21, 1.23