Mark Delany writes:
 > If you don't need it to be onsite support, then does it matter where
 > the support comes from?

Time zones.  I have a customer in India.  If I stay up late enough,
the very end of my waking hours overlaps with their business day.
Plus, if you're needed on site, being on the same continent is a
help.  It's a twenty-hour trip to India for me.

Plus there's jet lag.  I did some qmail training the first day I got
there, after two missed flights and a four hour layover in Dubai.
About three or four times I woke myself up with the sound of my own
voice.  Very strange to wake up talking, and to realize that you have
NO IDEA what you should say next.  :)

--
-russ nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  http://russnelson.com | If I knew the
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | destination of the