I am running qmail on a server which will be going down shortly for
upgrades. I have a unix machine running at my house (static IP address) that
I would like to use as a "backup" server. I plan on changing the MX record
for my domain to point to my home machine, and to have all the mail
delivered there while the main server is down. Instead of having mail being
sent to me bounce, it will go through via the backup server.

My ultimate goal is to have my home server accept any mail that is being
sent to any e-mail address being hosted on the main server, and to
indefinitely try to forward it to the main server. This way, when the main
server returns, it will receive all the mail it missed while it was down.
All the e-mail will then continue to be stored on the main server, and users
can login there to retrieve it.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I might implement this? Any help is
greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.