On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 04:34:40PM -0600, David L. Nicol wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 27 Dec 2000, Michael Hornby wrote:
> >
> > > My ultimate goal is to have my home server accept any mail that is being
> > > sent to any e-mail address being hosted on the main server, and to
> > > indefinitely try to forward it to the main server. This way, when the main
> > > server returns, it will receive all the mail it missed while it was down.
> > > All the e-mail will then continue to be stored on the main server, and users
> > > can login there to retrieve it.
>
> > the only extra thing you have to do is make sure example.com is in
> > rcpthosts on backup.example.net and also does not appear in locals or
> > virtualdomains on that machine. (if it does then you have to do htings
> > slightly differently)
> >
> > RjL
>

> There's also rigging something to kill -ALRM the home server when the
> main server wakes up, if it has been down a while; as long as that won't

That's entirely optional of course.

> smother it, setting concurrencyremote on home low should help.

And indeed not doing the -ALRM reduces this risk.

Since qmail always tries one last time before bouncing you know that
evrything already in the home queue will be attempted one more time so
unless there is some urgency, I'd skip the -ALRM altogether and let
the mails come across in the normal course of qmail processing.

Regards.