On Sun, Feb 04, 2001 at 10:28:16PM -0800, David Benfell wrote:

> I see the error message printed out, but watching the log, I don't see
> the bounce going out.  Looking at some old mail, I see that
> bouncesaying doesn't, by itself, bounce anything.

bouncesaying exits with 100, which qmail interprets as a permanent
delivery failure. maildrop obviously doesn't, in this case at least.

> O-o-k-a-a-y.  Ummm.  That's baffling.  What good is it then?  And how
> do I get these to bounce?

I don't now. Try to search the maildrop documentation for how to
exit with code 100 in this case (it's possibly enough to call
something like execv instead of `...`, if maildrop is like perl.

> Since following their directions doesn't work, I figure a few zillion
> bounces ought to get their attention.  And I promise never to

i don't think so.

Regards, Uwe