Friday March 02 2001 00:22, Martin Akesson wrote to All:

 >> This is very annoying! I've spent lots of time training the users
 >> configure their clients properly, and now my qmail server sends out
 >> garbage, which defeats the purpose. :(
 >>

 MA> I dont see where the problem is.  The client can only set the
 MA> 'Date:'
 MA> headers anyway.  The 'Received:' headers on the other hand are set
 MA> by

Well, something isn't right. If a message arrives directly from my
sendmail server, the time shows the local time correctly, even though
the hardware clcok is in GMT. From a qmail server, the time zone shows
-0000, which makes no sense.

This does not apply to user to user mail, since those messages get the
time zone (mis)configuration from the users' clients. However,
sqwebmail and others, which send messages directly from the server, are
affected. Also all notification messages from various utilities to
myself (admin) have the -0000 time zone and get sorted whoknowswhere in
my inbox.

 MA> the MDA and should all use the same timezone, GMT.  The users will
 MA> never see these headers anyway and most ISPs will only be happy
 MA> with

The headers may now show, but when you "reply" the quote header shows
the time and TZ of the original message - wrong in these cases.

 KS

   KARICO Business Services
   Toronto, ON Canada
   http://www.ksbase.com

... I demand that you ignore that man behind the curtain!