aha!  we use cucipop as well.  there's only one 'error locking' message in
the logs, but there are plenty of these:

cucipop[20914]: Invalid command capa - -

i've tried to figure out what this means, but i have no clue.  could this
be indicative of what you're talking about?

if outlook clients are sending messages that cause this, what steps can be
taken to prevent it?

thanks-

dan