Hi

I have a roaming user who is having severe problems sending mail via ISP.
Consequently, I need to let her relay urgently. She authenticates using IMAP from
Outlook on a Mac (os9.0.4). I only installed Qmail two weeks ago thus I'm a little
new. I've read the archive and as I understand it I have two options:

1/ Apply the patch to allow relaying on the basis of the senders addy. (
http://www.palomine.net/qmail/relaymailfrom.html
 )

I have no idea how one applies a patch...   :o)   a pointer to a man page or how-to
would be great.

2/ Slot in Bruce Guenter's relay-ctrl thingy (
http://em.ca/~bruceg/relay-ctrl/current/relay-ctrl-2.5.tar.gz ). Looks great but
requries "tcpserver with qmail-smtpd". Tcpserver is in my /usr/local/bin but doesn't
look like it is called from inetd :-

bash-2.04# cat /etc/inetd.conf | grep qmail
smtp            stream  tcp     nowait  qmaild  /var/qmail/bin/tcp-env  tcp-env
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd
[snip]

do I just substitute tcpserver for tcp-env and follow the instructions in Bruce's page?

My OS is OpenBSD 2.8

Please note I'm looking for the FASTEST solution. My roaming user is on a ship in the
north sea, is dependent on flaky GSM/radio/sat links and is trying to get some work
done.

Thanks in anticipation

Gary

PS for the sake of completeness, here is the relevant lines from rc.local and
/var/qmail/rc

bash-2.04# cat /etc/rc.local | grep qmail
if [ -x /var/qmail/rc ]; then
echo -n ' qmail';       /var/qmail/rc &
bash-2.04# cat /var/qmail/rc
#!/bin/sh

# Using splogger to send the log through syslog.
# Using qmail-local to deliver messages to ~/Mailbox by default.

exec env - PATH="/var/qmail/bin:$PATH" \
qmail-start ./Maildir/ splogger qmail