Hello Russell,

Saturday, June 02, 2001, 5:38:43 AM, you wrote:

RN> Boris writes:
RN>  > I really canīt hear the "qmail is the most secure bla bla" anymore,
RN>  > really.

RN> Why?  It's true.

Yes it is true, and qmail is great, but it would be better to make a
better documentation for qmail, and to offer "bundles" with a single
makefile.

My english is not very good, sorry.

I mean qmail has better arguments as security only.

Why no one makes a package with "all you need" to download and
install, here is a suggestion:

- qmail
- the tcpserver
- something good for pop before smtp
- vpopmail
- good tools for blocking spam, blocking mails from open relays, and
so on
- and other additions from other people i do not know

There should be one file to download and the makefile should do nearly
everything neccessary. I should not spend days to understand the
different modules as a newbie, it takes too much time.

RN>  > At the moment I am evaluating qmail, and there
RN>  > are some things I am missing from sendmail.

RN> Like what?

See above, a better installation, better documentation. I have written
in my linux/unixbook a chapter about the installation and
configuratio of qmail in a production environment, covering all
neccessary topics (german language) but its too much for the stressed administrator.

Strange argument, I know. I am a user only in this case.

Putting a lot of snippets togeter for one package is not a bad idea
and would give a boost to qmail (i think).

--
Boris