* Boris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [010602 16:28]:
> LM> If you bought (OK, got for free) a car, and it exploded, leaving you
> LM> burned, then you waited a week to get a new car mailed to you, then you
> The car is not exploding, someone comes and looks at your car. He is
> searching and searching and searching until he finds a silly bug like
> "the fuel meter showes something wrong, this could be a security risk"
> but in fact the men is driving the car years without a problem. Some
> month he updates the car (new version) and thats all.

Not quite. More like "someone inspects your free car and finds a button
that can make it explode. Maybe he pushes the button, maybe not. Maybe he
pushes the button on someone else's car". Are you willing to take that
risk? I can imagine two situations where that would be the case: either
you do something that is so unimportant for the rest of the world that
noone bothers destroying your work, or you do something that is so good
for everyone that noone will want to destroy your work, not even out of
envy. Come on, not even the UN are _that_ good :-)

-Johan
--
Johan Almqvist
http://www.almqvist.net/johan/qmail/