From: Kurth Bemis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2001 7:11 AM
To: Kirti S. Bajwa
Cc: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Re: New Broadcast Message!!!

Why do you have to notify them.....plus as a general rult of thumb any
major upgrades should be done in the early morning when nobody's using the
system.  Why have 200 people asking why outlook pops up an stupid error
message when you don't have to :-)

what are you patching?  the only thing we have to reboot for is hardware
replacement and new kernels..everything else can be patched or compiled

withoug rebooting.

~kurth

Kurth Bemis
Senior Network Admin/Owner: USAExpress.net
Owner: Ozone Computer

http://kurth.hardcrypto.com
PGP Key Avail.
Uh!.....Uh!.....Uh!....."I'm done with this."...Out the window

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Kirti S. Bajwa wrote:

>  Hi All:
>
> Previously I posted a message under heading "Broadcast Message" and got
some
> good suggestions. I also got a response whereas the person responding
> thought that I was try to send spam. After reading my original posting, I
> think I need to clarify what I am doing and what I need (previously I did
> not do it to keep the message short). So here is the question:
>
> Our company has a mail server. It has RH 6.2 and Qmail 1.3 and very much
> else. This server serves to about 200 email addresses. We need to install
> patch which will require the system to be re-booted. Therefore, we would
> like to send an email message to all the emails addresses
 on our company's