Dave Sill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> "Jon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >I have 20 IP's on my server.  Is there a way of saying :
> >
> >"Only assign QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/qmail-qftest if the incoming email
> >is being sent to my IP address A.B.C.D".
> >
> >Because out of all the 20 IP's I have, I only want to filter mail coming
> >though the ip A.B.C.D.
>
> A.B.C.D:allow,QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/qmail-qftest"

Actually, I think he means he has qmail-smtpd listening to all 20 of his local
IP addresses, and he only wants to filter messages that come from connections
to only one of those IP addresses.

To do that, I think you'll need to run two different qmail-smtpd processes,
one on A.B.C.D with rules file smtp-filtered.cdb, and one for the rest of the
IP addresses, with rules file smtp.cdb (no filter).  I haven't actually tried
this, but it might work if you start the tcpserver for A.B.C.D first, binding
to A.B.C.D, and then start the other tcpserver, binding to 0 (all local
addresses) next.

Charles