On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 06:56:47PM -0600, Charles Cazabon wrote:
[snip]
> Yes -- each message has multiple log lines associated with it.  You'll likely
> get some messages which cross over your arbitrary per-night boundaries.  qmail
> won't be able to include those messages in its analysis if you just analyze
> one log at a time.

That's why qmailanalog wants to write to an fd (I think 5) and read
from another (I think 6). It saves state of all uncompleted messages
to this fd, and expects this saved state to be passed to it on this
other fd.

I probably have the fd numbers wrong, but the drift is that
qmailanalog can do this just fine without losing *any* messages.

Greetz, Peter
--
Against Free Sex!   http://www.dataloss.nl/Megahard_en.html