Markus Stumpf wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 03:07:48PM +0530, D Rajesh wrote:
> > The problem is that, when I tried sending  4700 mails ( to different
> > domains ..... say like yahoo, hotmail, rediff, etc and not a single user
> > in my domain ), it took one whole day to send all the mails.. qmail-inject
> > placed mails in the queue at a speed of 70 - 90 mails in a second. But, if
> > the logs are checked, it took one whole day to finish sending all the mails
>
> It sometimes takes me 2 or 3 days to get only one message delivered to yahoo.
> This is not a problem that you can fix with qmail configuration on your
> side.
> The problem is with yahoo and their mailservers and I can see it for more
> than one year.

Hi,
 You can dedicate a box called slowmail.abc.com and smtproute all of
these problematic domains to it; just add them as they appear. This way
your queues don't stay jammed full of trash, thus slowing down
everything else.

 Now, we are up to 6 low-end pentium boxes for a million mail per 8-9
hours list.

lists.abc.com (front-end box)
lists1.abc.com (sublist carrying 25% of subscribers)
lists2.abc.com (" ")
lists3.abc.com (" ")
lists4.abc.com (" ")
slowmail.abc.com (smtproutes from lists1-4 point here)

Mike