> IMHO, single-user mode, unmount filesystem, set up quotas, back to
> multiuser mode is probably your best bet. Your odds of losing any mail
> during this transaction are extremely low, unless the sending mail
> servers are totally useless...
>
> Greg White

Thanks very much.

I would like to apologize to the entire list---as I have to Charles
Cazabon---for any irrelevant postings and for taking up the list's time and
resources.  My original question had to do with setting quotas on /home and
how qmail would react if /home suddenly wasn't available.  But I must have
worded my questions terribly.  Thanks to Adrian Ho for pointing me to the
PIC.* files.  I will definitely RTFM more closely next time and hopefully
not be a bother.

---Norvell Spearman