On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 11:25:39PM -0800, Jon Reynolds wrote:
> The Subject of this email is the error i get at startup after i hit ctrl+c,
> when i reboot my system(freebsd4.3rc2)it hangs when trying to start qmail it
> looks like this:
>
> [1] 220
>   qmail
> status: loal 0/10 remote 0/20
>
> at this point it hangs and will go no further until i hit ctrl+c when that
> is done i get the:
>
> smtpfwdd[352]: can't open semaphore file in "/var/smtpd/mqueue" (Permission
> denied) - bye!

I don't use xBSD myself, but a quick Google search suggests you're running
Obtuse smtpd/smtpfwdd (an SMTP store/forward proxy) on your system.  The
first question you gotta ask yourself is: Why would you need it?  Try
disabling it and see what happens.

Probably because you didn't follow <http://www.lifewithqmail.org/>.

--
Adrian Ho    Tinker, Drifter, Fixer, Bum   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ListArchive: <http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=qmail>