> 3. When the queue shows the message arriving on 30 Jul 2001 15:08:23 I
> tend to think that it actually arrive at 3:08 on Jul 30 of 2001, that is
> unless qmail is doing something funking with date and time stamps. ;)

But you didn't show the log entry that corresponds to this message. As
a consultant with 8 years experience you have probably deduced that
*all* messages inserted into the queue create a "new msg" log
entry. Where is it?

> 5. To get the logs I went to /var/log/qmail/send and did a grep on the
> message id number like so:
>       grep 112535 *
> If you know something I don't know, then please tell me, but as far as I

How long does the system keep the logs for? Has it been rolled off by,
eg, newsyslog?

> Any real help on this issue would be appreciated from anyone.

We want all the log entries associated with the message. If your log
system has rolled them off, then stop the log rolling so you can
retain all the information. Then pick an example that shows us the
full life-cycle of the message and how it exceeds queuelifetime after
the last delivery attempt.

It may simply be that the delivery program is not exiting. It's only
at the point that qmail-send looks at queuelifetime.

Regards.