On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Jeremy Kitchen wrote:

> I simply wrote a patch to make it work.  I'm not a maintainer of the
> package, if they want to modify it to make it work along side with the
> existing stuff, go right ahead.  We are not using the older
> --enable-spam-command stuff with our customers, so the patch I made
> doesn't affect any of them, other than allowing their users to
> enable/disable spamassassin scanning themselves.

OK, let me put it this way.  If I was a committer and I went and pulled
out what you put in and put something in there that better suits my
personal needs, would my commit bit get pulled?

It simply would have been nice if you had left the old option intact and
let people choose if they want the "integrated" spamc options or the "not
so integrated but much more flexible" spamc options.

At the very least, can you document this in the CHANGELOG and README
files?  People besides you and your customers do use this code, that's why
the project is over at SF.

Thanks,

Charles