On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 10:06:55PM -0800, Dairenn Lombard wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem where my  Qmail Toasters are getting tagged as sources
> of virus infected e-mail as a result of what GoDaddy has characterized
> as a Bogus HELO.  They go on to describe this below.  Is this something
> unique to the SMTP envelope Qmail generates and, more importantly,
> something we can change/control, or does this have nothing to do with
> Qmail?

It's you.

I ran netcat on one of my servers and then send myself an email. I then
sent a 220 message and received the EHLO with hostname from the other
server.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] nigelreed]# nc -l -p 25
220 Welcome to Qmail Toaster Ver. 1.2 smtp Server ESMTP
EHLO cartman.wehostmuds.com

The only place I have the full name of the machine is in me locals and
rcpthosts

Regards
Nigel
--
www.myoldcontacts.com - Tell your friends to tell their friends
www.sysadmininc.com  - Consultancy, Service, Sales, Networking...

"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" --Adam Savage.