No, it means that you cannot distribute binary (compiled) RPMs. So while .src.rpm files are OK, i386.rpm or .x86_64.rpm is not allowed.

The only way I could think of around this would be to distribute tarballs of the source as .i386.rpm and have the postinstall script actually compile and install it.

Aaron Johnson wrote:
Warren (mailing lists) wrote:
We talked about this several months back. The main problem is that, by its license, qmail can only be distributed as source, yum is generally for installing object rpms.
I assume that means that you cannot install both the compiled qmail and source at the same time?