Aaron Johnson wrote:
> Has anyone put any thought into what would be involved in creating a
> QMail repository?  I'm interested in helping, if anyone else wants to
> lend some experience.  Plus, I'm sure we can find people to host it as
> well.  I know we would have no problem hosting a QMail repository on our
> servers.
>
> The thought of being able to do a yum install/update qmail-toaster makes
> me drool.

We've all been drooling, Aaron. ;)

The problem is somewhat twofold. The first being that repos would need to be
built for each distro/version that is supported. That's not too big of a deal.

The primary issue is DJB's licensing. While many of the toaster packages
could be made yum-able, the DJB portions (qmail, daemontools, ucspi-tcp)
would need to be distributed as source. That's just the way DJB chooses to
make his software available to the community.