> No problem. I got started in Linux by learning to install a mail server as
> a matter of fact.

I wish I'd have had time over the years to learn more about mail services.
I've always had others around me to take care of those things once I installed
it and handed it over. It's my worst problem right now in fact, still
unreliable email when I need it most. That's why I've been messing with QMT
which has worked fine as far as I can tell at least.

I suspect there are countless things I've not done however which is why I was
looking at your ISO. I thought that perhaps if someone's already put it
together, that I would make less mistakes getting to a properly working
server. My setup involves multiple servers sharing central storage using
GFS/Clustering.

> MIT as far as looking down their noses at people. I think Linux in general
> would do a lot better if people just answered the damn question instead of
> having to first prove how much more they know than you do. <sigh> I'll get
> off my soapbox now. ;)

It's a good point however. Folks won't learn as much as they could if they are
always made to fear asking from those who've learned. Not everyone has the
same skill sets or intelligent or just plain time to learn at the same level
as everyone else. I love that OS challenges the monopoly model but if we keep
scaring those who wish to give it a try away, we're never going to get as far
as we could.

> I get very little input back on any of the scripts/projects I write to be
> honest. To date there have been 114 successful installs of the QMT-ISO, but
> I've only gotten 4 emails off-list with any kind of feedback or problem.

Do you get the sense it's because most are trying to do it on their own so do
the whole install, etc or that folks just don't bother saying anything later?
Perhaps a little of both. I'm not sure that people mean not to come back and
thank the person who gave them the software or give input as much as we all
seem to get sidetracked. Once it's installed, I'm guessing folks don't much
think of the ISO anymore since it's then just a QMT install so move on to that
type of documentation, help, use, etc.

I went to http://qtp.qmailtoaster.com/trac/

> mainly by me and Eric Shubes, but we've been neglecting it lately) that is
> just add-on tools for your installation.

When I got there, I didn't see anything on the ISO, just tools.

> machine just because I have a 3/3 pipe on that machine that's un-metered.
> Bandwidth still isn't free everywhere so I put the ISO downloads where they
> will affect me the least financially.

I'm guessing I could give you a mirror if you might give me a hand when I get
stuck. I badly need reliable, safe, clean email. Don't know if it's worth it
to you but it's a shot in the dark :).

Mike