Hi,

It is the same on my server.
If the recipient with missing mx-record is the only one in mailto the
mail is not send, if it at least the second it works for all the others,
you get an answer that this domain is unknown.

qmail-toaster verifies rcpt-domain first to avoid accepting useless
mails.
That should be corrected if more then one rcpts are given.

Andreas