Natalio Gatti wrote:
aside from the humor - it makes me think
Is there any time one would wish to  Clear the queue
and how might that be done? and are there any suprising downsides of that?

Never touch the queue directly. You can use qmHandle or similar
scripts to do that.
Correct. Touching the queue is asking for trouble. Believe me. How do I know this? Guess what I've done..... And yes, sometime emptying the queue is beneficial. Like when someone queues up 5000 messages to bad email addresses or something for a mailing list. If you don't want to wade into qmhandle or another queue management tool, lower your /var/qmail/control/queuelifetime to something like 5 minutes (300 seconds). That will clear all of those messages out of there quickly.