Correct. Touching the queue is asking for trouble. Believe me. How do I know this? Guess what I've done..... And yes, sometime emptying the queue is beneficial. Like when someone queues up 5000 messages to bad email addresses or something for a mailing list. If you don't want to wade into qmhandle or another queue management tool, lower your /var/qmail/control/queuelifetime to something like 5 minutes (300 seconds). That will clear all of those messages out of there quickly.
if I change value of queuelifetime do I have to run/execute something (i.e: service qmail restart) to activated it or it will be automatically active ??