It's actually much easier than that.  RPMForge is set up to handle "2nd
party" RPMs.  http://rpmforge.net/user/faq/

>From the CentOS wiki ( http://wiki.centos.org/Repositories/RPMForge ):

RPMForge is a collaboration of Dag, Dries, and other packagers. They
provide over 2600 packages for CentOS, including mplayer, xmms-mp3, and
other popular media tools. It is not part of RedHat or CentOS but is
designed to work with these major distributions.

I haven't personally experienced the process of submitting RPMs for
inclusion to the RPMForge, but I imagine it's quite reasonable.

Sincerely,

--

Joseph Lundgren

Systems Engineer