From: Jake Vickers [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 11:02 AM
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Subject: [qmailtoaster] hand mail off to exchange

Here's an interesting situation, and I'm polling for ideas.  I have a client
that has an IT department that is running an Exchange server. I currently
run all of their email. They would like to start using the Exchange server,
so they would like me to pass the email off to their exchange server. They
still want to SEND emails through my SMTP server as well. Here's the ways I
know I can use:
I can remove their accounts from my machine and just do a simple smtproutes
rule to send all email for them to the Exchange's IP. Have them send all
emails through 1 authenticated email address through my machine as a relay.
I know I can also give their Exchange server a new name
(exchange.client.com) and just create forwards to the new addresses there.
they would use their old account ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) to send emails as they
always have.
They could use the POP3 connector built into Exchange to poll the email from
me (bear in mind that this IT department is not very friendly or cooperative
- they love to go out of their way and show that they are "better" than I am
- long story) and still use their normal SMTP-AUTH accounts to send email
through me.

I'm sure there are other ways, and that's what I'm looking to hear from
those of you out there who have tried "things".
What about creating a tap on the domain to send to their IP address? Has
anyone tried anything similar?
I remember someone posting about getting emails to 2 different machines
hosting the same domain, and I thought they had sent copies to the other
machine's hostname to get emails in 2 places (so the user could log into
either server and see their emails).
Anyone else have any other ideas?
Thanks.