On Jan 17, 2008, at 8:35 AM, Jake Vickers wrote:

Steve Ingraham wrote:

You know better than anyone my limited knowledge on this subject but
isn't what you are looking to do similar to how our Exchange server
handles things in our network?

Close Steve. I realize that just being the smtproute for them would be easiest on my end (that's what you're running), but I have the users to look after as well. The IT department that is taking over their desktop support (hence the Exchange server) does not allow access to email unless they're in the network. I'm trying to keep them with webmail access but still fit the criteria of the IT department. I'm stuck between 2 rocks - it's just a matter of deciding if I want my hand smashed or my foot.

...or you can wait for the IT department to screw up royally - in such cases of zealous devotion to MS technologies, that is bound to happen.