Jacob Billingsley wrote:
This is not specific to qmail, but I think you guys could still help me. I
have a customer that showed up on some blacklists yesterday. I spent some
time removing them from the lists and searching for the culprit. I've had
this issue once before and it was an infected PC spewing out spam. So we
found one very infected PC which we removed from the network and their IT
staff is cleaning it up.
As of this morning they were not on any blacklists and were e-mailing away.
I checked again a little while ago and they are again on blacklists. I'm
wondering how you guys would deal with this issue. They are setup so the
main campus has an exchange server behind the qmail server. They have two
satellite sites that connect to the exchange server to download their e-mail
via POP and they send e-mail through the qmail server. Now, I don't think
it's possible for someone from the satellite sites to be the culprit but I'm
not sure.
Have any of you ran into this issue before/ how would you go about
identifying the infection?

Jacob Billingsley
MCR Technologies, Inc.
2674 Kraft Ave SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
Office: 616-942-7244 ext: 205
Fax: 616-942-5988

The information contained in this communication is confidential, is intended
only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legally
privileged.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
please note that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited.

stop all connections to port 25 from inside and do a port logging to see what computer is trying to access outside email server (ofcorse you let them to access qmail server)