De: "Tek Support" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Para: <qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com>
Enviado: Jueves, 07 de Agosto de 2008 10:41 p.m.
Asunto: Re: [qmailtoaster] Authentication to bypass spam checks

Opps, I forgot to add the before and after /var/qmail/supervise/smtp/run
file.

---Before Begin---
#!/bin/sh
QMAILDUID=`id -u vpopmail`
NOFILESGID=`id -g vpopmail`
MAXSMTPD=`cat /var/qmail/control/concurrencyincoming`
BLACKLIST=`cat /var/qmail/control/blacklists`
SMTPD="/var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd"
TCP_CDB="/etc/tcprules.d/tcp.smtp.cdb"
RBLSMTPD="/usr/bin/rblsmtpd"
HOSTNAME=`hostname`
VCHKPW="/home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw"
REQUIRE_AUTH=0

exec /usr/bin/softlimit -m 85000000 \
     /usr/bin/tcpserver -v -R -H -l $HOSTNAME -x $TCP_CDB -c "$MAXSMTPD" \
     -u "$QMAILDUID" -g "$NOFILESGID" 0 smtp \
     $RBLSMTPD $BLACKLIST $SMTPD $VCHKPW /bin/true 2>&1
---Before End---

---After Begin---
#!/bin/sh
QMAILDUID=`id -u vpopmail`
NOFILESGID=`id -g vpopmail`
MAXSMTPD=`cat /var/qmail/control/concurrencyincoming`
SPAMDYKE="/usr/local/bin/spamdyke"
SPAMDYKE_CONF="/etc/spamdyke/spamdyke.conf"
SMTPD="/var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd"
TCP_CDB="/etc/tcprules.d/tcp.smtp.cdb"
HOSTNAME=`hostname`
VCHKPW="/home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw"
REQUIRE_AUTH=0

exec /usr/bin/softlimit -m 85000000 \
     /usr/bin/tcpserver -v -R -H -l $HOSTNAME -x $TCP_CDB -c "$MAXSMTPD" \
     -u "$QMAILDUID" -g "$NOFILESGID" 0 smtp \
     $SPAMDYKE --config-file $SPAMDYKE_CONF \
     $SMTPD $VCHKPW /bin/true 2>&1
---After End---

You can see the "BLACKLIST=`cat /var/qmail/control/blacklists`" is no
longer listed.

Thanks
John

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 9:07 PM, Tek Support <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all, I have a few question.  Before I learned of this port 587, my
> only option was to disable spamhaus.  And all I did to disable it was
> to remove it from my "/var/qmail/control/blacklists file.
>
> So, the other day I needed some addition reporting and I remembered
> the "toaster plus", so I downloaded the Repo and ran the yum install
> for it.  I then also decided to run the spamdyke filter.
>
> So, now that I've realized that port 587 is available for my users to
> send on, I went back to add the spamhaus.  However, it's no longer in
> the /var/qmail/supervise/smtp/run file.  It would appear that spamdyke
> has removed it.
>
> So I have 2 questions:
> 1) Are spamdyke and spamhaus compatible?  Why would or why does
> spamdyke remove "blacklist" from the run file.  Here are the before
> and after.
> ---Begin---
>
> ---End---
>
> 2) Since I've just found out that port 587 is available, and 587 does
> not run spamhaus the dynamic ip checker, then what is keeping a
> spammer from trying to use this 587?  I mean I'm a little confused.
> If my port 25 won't allow any non-authenticated users to send smtp
> (presuming it's not an open relay), then why would I even need port
> 587?  I understand the need to have 587 if I'm using spamhaus on port
> 25, and 25 is now blocked to my dynamic users (workers from home).  So
> it seems a bit unnecessary to have both ports.  And why couldn't a
> spammer start sending spam to my users on 587 - if it even works that
> way, which I'm not sure yet if it can?  Qmailtoaster is a pretty
> popular thing, so someone, somewhere would certainly try port 587 in
> order to get around spamhaus wouldn't they?
>
> Thanks for your time on this, I'm not trying to be difficult, only
> trying to understand how and why.
>
> Thanks
> John

20:49