Kyle Quillen wrote:

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Eric Shubert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Sent: Sun 8/31/2008 5:08 PM
> To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
> Subject: Re: [qmailtoaster] High Server Load
>

> What are your typical scan times?

Answer?
I've seen scan times vary considerably, but most seem to be sub-second on a
VM toaster running on a single 2.8MH processor. Either your scan times are
relatively (too?) high or you're scanning a boatload of emails.

> How many active scans are typically running at once?

The 'child states' log messages give an indication of this. I'm guessing
you're seeing a lot of BBBBs? How many Bs in a message typically?

> CPU is buried, right? What processor/speed?
> RAM? Any paging going on?

> CPU is dual xeon 2.8ghz with 8 gigs of ram

Again, is CPU buried? I'm guessing no paging with 8G ram.

> tell me what you want as far as the logs and i will grep them out for ya

Just a sample over several minutes when it's buried would do.
Attach a tarball? You can send me a sample directly if you're concerned
about sensitive information.

Also, are you running any SA rules that aren't stock toaster? sa-update?