Kyle Quillen wrote:
> Well I just ran it again and it went through but I did a reboot on the server
> since I last tried maybe that had something to do with it

That's probably the case.

> I am working on getting a filtering server setup now

I sure hope that's the right solution for you, but it's hard to tell from
this end, as you haven't answered some questions regarding numbers you're
seeing. You might end up simply moving the same problem to a different box.

Spamdyke should be catching upwards of 90% of your spam. If it isn't, then
that could point to a different problem, and cause excessive scanning to be
taking place.

How many messages per minute are being scanned (roughly)?

How long does is typically take to scan a message?

Have you enabled any SA rules that might be causing scanning to use a lot
more CPU? (such as fuzzyocr or some such)

> Does any one have a guide for setting up a filtering server in front of my
> toaster ?

I don't know of one.

Be sure to setup up spamdyke on the perimeter incoming processor. Spamdyke
is pretty much useless processing mail that has been forwarded.