Doh! I don't know why I thought I had to have Telnet running on the server. Thanks Eric. That's what happens when you have too many balls in the air.

"I can see clearly now, my brain is gone"

CJ

Eric Shubert wrote:
You don't have to have telnet on the server. It's a client app. You can
# telnet <mailhost> 25
to any email transport server, so long as there is connectivity.

(Perhaps you're thinking of ssh??)

Maxwell Smart wrote:
I know how to use telnet, but I don't activate it on my servers because it's insecure. I'll take a look at it later. It's not that pressing since it's only on my wifes machine! :)

Jake Vickers wrote:
Philip wrote:
Maxwell
try testing the authentification with a telnet session
from your windows box, if that works you can pin point the issue to your mail client

if you dont know how to test it via telnet
use this nice tut :
http://qmail.jms1.net/test-auth.shtml

There is a more boiled-down one on the wiki:
http://wiki.qmailtoaster.com/index.php/How_to_use_telnet_for_diagnostics