Getting closer?
I ran the line you gave me inside .Trash/cur where
there are 3000+ messages and it returned nothing.  The
"modified" dates range from April to today although the
"accessed times all seem to be today just a few minutes ago.  I
assume it's my running the script causing this.

I also reran
the line but used mtime and it returned about a dozen messages from
various dates.  Nothing seemed to be in common.

Phil,
> The way I read the script is that it only deletes files
older than
> DELTIME and only files in the .Trash directories as
well as any files in
> directories below .Trash.  Are you getting
any errors in the output
> file? Like "argument list too
long"?

> As for the user that has 3000 messages.
Are you saying the user has 3000
> messages in .Trash directory?
Whichever, you could cd to that users
> .Trash directory and run
this from  the command line.
> # find . *  -ctime +5 -exec ls -al
{} \; | more
> this will list any files with a ctime older than 5
days.

> I do not use dovecot so I cannot comment on
deleting  index and
> dovecot-uidlist files. Interesting though.
Are the index and
> dovecot-uidlist files in .Trash or are they in
a directory below .Trash?
> I only ask that because the find
command can be instructed not to go
> that deep into the .Trash
directory.
> I doubt that dove-cot changes the ctime on these
files, but someone
> familiar with dove-cot would have to answer
that. ctime and mtime are
> confusing. Depending on the actions
taken on a file one or both times

Leinhauser wrote:
>> Thanks for the info Dave.  I did just what
you described except I
>> pushed it to a text file so I could
see better what was happening.

>> I ran it with
the 5 day setting and didn't get anything.  Then I
>> dropped
it to 2 days and got a list.  The script is apparently working
>> but only on about half of the domains.  I have other domains
that
>> never made it into the output.txt file.  I know there
is trash there
>> because I have one user with over 3000
messages.

>> I guess now the question is, does
the script just delete everything
>> older than DELTIME? or is
it looking for something to only get
>> messages?  I see in the
output that it looks like it's going to delete
>> some index
and dovecot-uidlist files.  Is this ok?  What can I do to

see why it's not finding all of the old messages?.

>> > Hi Phil,
>> > The line you are looking at

PATH_TRASH="`find /home/vpopmail/domains -type d -name .Trash`"
is not
>> > the problem. By default "find" will
start looking in the path for
>> > files/directories and is
recursive. So it is starting in
>> > /home/vpopmail/domains
looking for any directories (-type d) named
>> > .Trash. So
it will find any .Trash directories living under

/home/vpopmail/domains.

>> > Looking at
/opt/qmailtoaster-plus/etc/cron.hourly/qtp-clean-trash the

> real processing is done in the nested if statements. The script is
>> > written so that all output of the rm command is sent to
/dev/null. So
>> > you will never see what it is doing.
>> >
>> > Just to test the script, I copied it to
a new file called "myscript"
>> and
>>
> changed the following. Look for this line:
>> > rm -f
${file} >/dev/null 2>&1
>> > change it to this
>> > ls ${file}
>> >
>> > then run
myscript (make sure the script is executable)

>> > it should list all the files it would delete if the
original script
>> was
>> > run.
>>

>> > If it returns nothing, then you have no files
older than the default 5
>> > days in any .Trash directory
under /home/vpopmail/domains. I think I
>> > would then
change the line
>> > DELTIME=5
>> > DELTIME=1
>> > in myscript and try it
again.

>> > Post back if it listed any
files.

wrote:
> [...]
everything under INBOX with
have a look at it tomorrow.

Phil Leinhauser wrote:
> [...]
qtp-clean-trash script and ran that. Qtprune is the

>>> grandfather but basically the same. They are both looking in
.Trash
messages. My system has them in .Trash/cur. It's not finding

>>> the old
second or 2. I expect it to run a few
at

Message-----

From: Jake
Vickers [mailto:j...@qmailtoaster.com] Sent: Wednesday,

qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
[qmailtoaster] qtprune

decided to start running qtprune. It's the first time I've

I'm happy with the results. What I see in the

be looking in the .Trash folder. The problem is

are actually in the .Trash/cur folder. Therefore,

>>> qtprune
fact, all of my folders are in the

.something/cur

because of dovecot? I don't ever remember the folder

dovecot.
get them? PATH_TRASH="`find

/home/vpopmail/domains -type d -name .Trash`" is the

>>> line
to change it to .Trash/cur but I got an

error:

warning: Unix filenames usually don't contain slashes (though
.Trash/cur' will probably
time on this system. You might find the '-wholename'

perhaps '-samefile'. Alternatively, if you are

use 'find ... -print0 | grep -FzZ .Trash/cur'.

linux scripter...

script in Qmailtoaster-Plus?
works. I just tested it.
the qtp-menu and it runs as an hourly cron
It (by default) deletes messages older than 5 days, but this ca
creating a file
>> called

/var/qmail/control/deltrash and putting the number of days in the

>> > (www.vickersconsulting.com)
>> > Vickers
Consulting Group offers Qmailtoaster support and

installations.
>> > If you need professional help with your
setup, contact them today!

qmailtoaster-list-unsubscr...@qmailtoaster.com