Jake Vickers wrote:
Maxwell Smart wrote:
Here is the header.
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 16:30:58 -0700
From: Maxwell Smart <c...@yother.com>
To: Maxwell Smart <c...@yother.com>
Subject: re: test

test

It took 25 minutes to arrive.  Even if you take into account that my e
mail client only checks mail every ten minutes that's still 15 minute delay.

Since you have two mail servers, send a message from the one that has the LEAST amount of traffic, and send a message to the other one. While you do this, grab both the send log from the sending server and the SMTP log from the receiving server and post those so we can see what's going on in the logs.

I was going to suggest that next, but I'd test on the one server. Since you're seeing the delay there, why introduce more complexity? I'd try another test, and grab the send and smtp logs at the same time. The spamd and clam logs wouldn't hurt either.

Oh, and we don't see any delay in this email header.
Are you using pop3 or imap?
I would try clicking "get/check mail" on the client every 5 seconds or so and see how long it takes to show up. Please try this.

Also run a telnet test (http://wiki.qmailtoaster.com/index.php/How_to_use_telnet_for_diagnostics) and see if that works okay. Trying to isolate whether it's on the sending side or the receiving side.

That's the bottom line. Try to isolate where the delay occurs. I'm guessing it'll be in the back end (delivery) area.