The activity I see when I tail -f /var/log/qmail/smtp/current is what I mean. Is there someplace I can see a flow chart of a default setup? and how to follow the mail through the system? This would be extremely helpful. I can get you all of the detail you need, but I need to know where to look.
Jake Vickers wrote:
Maxwell Smart wrote:
OK, a little more info.

Both of my servers are experiencing the same delay.  I sent an e mail
from server 1 to server 2 I immediately saw it in the tail -f
/var/log/qmail/smtp/current logs, but not in server 2 current logs.  I
did a qmailctl restart on server 1 and it then appeared in server 2's
log, but not int he recipients mailbox.  I then did a qmailctl restart
on server 2 and it appeared in the recipients mailbox.
I am leaning toward something in the latest updates I did, which was
about a week ago, but don't know where to start.

Thanks for your time as always.

I'm off to finish a couple house-old things before bed, but try and be more clear in your explanation. You said you send a message from server1 to server2 and it shows in server1's smtp logs, but not in server2's current log. Which current log? (smtp, spam, etc.) The more detail at this point the better.