On 01/09/2011 05:24 PM, Michael J. Colvin wrote:
I did some checking in the archives, but didn’t find a solution,
although I found some similar items, none of them seemed to point me in
the right direction…

I just realized that, for some reason, mail on two newly created servers
is not being scanned by SpamAssassin, or at least it appears as though
it isn’t…

E-mails arrive with the following contained in the headers:

scanners: attach: 1.4.0 clamav: 0.96.3/m:53/d:12497

Which leads me to believe that only “attach” and “clamav” are being invoked.

Here’s my tcp.smtp:

127.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",DKSIGN="/var/qmail/control/domainkeys/%/private"

:allow,BADMIMETYPE="",SENDER_NOCHECK="1",BADLOADERTYPE="M",QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/simscan"

Here’s simcontrol:

:clam=yes,spam=yes,spam_hits=12,attach=.mp3:.src:.bat:.pif

I’ve got two servers, both new builds using the ISO, that are behaving
identical. Obviously, I made some changes to tcp.smtp, but other than
that, I haven’t made any changes to any files that I’m aware of, that
effect invoking simscan, and then spamassassin….

Any thoughts?

Additional info:

qtp-whatami v0.3.7 Sun Jan 9 16:18:36 PST 2011

DISTRO=CentOS

OSVER=5.5

QTARCH=i686

QTKERN=2.6.18-194.8.1.el5

BUILD_DIST=cnt50

BUILD_DIR=/usr/src/redhat

Thanks in advance!

Mike

The "Received: by simscan" information won't show when a message is scanned by spamassassin. Look for X-Spam-* headers for an indication of this.

You should check the spamd log (qmlog spamd) to verify the condition of spamassassin. Any errors will show there, as well as messages pertaining to scans.

Also, all messages aren't scanned by SA. Intra-host messages (more specifically, messages submitted with authentication) are not scanned, nor are messages above a certain size. I don't recall off hand what that size limit is, or where it's specified. It'd be nice if that were documented on the wiki if it's not already.