On 4/16/11 9:34 AM, Eric Shubert wrote:
On 04/16/2011 06:31 AM, Scott Hughes wrote:
Eric,

Are the manual Dovecot install instructions still available? I can't seem to locate them on the wiki.

"Page History" link in the left column of the page.

Okay - I have now configured a test VM with the latest QMT and the old manual dovecot 1.x. I then upgraded the dovecot to the new RPM version of dovecot 2.0. All went clean with no issues. I used the rpm stock dovecot.conf. The only errors that I got (and they are minor) are upon start-up I get this:

Starting Dovecot Imap: doveconf: Warning: NOTE: You can get a new clean config file with: doveconf -n > dovecot-new.conf doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/toaster.conf:26: protocols=imaps is no longer necessary, remove it
Warning: Corrected permissions for login directory /var/run/dovecot/login

Tested by telneting to 143 & 993 and I was able to connect just fine. One thing I noticed is that when you telnet to 143 you get the dovecot banner. When you telnet to 993 you do not. Dovecot 1.x does the exact same thing. Just something strange I noticed.

I have made some updates to the wiki (minor). Please check me on them and edit them if you see the need, or of course, a better way!

Thanks for your work Eric!

Thanks,
Scott