Am 14.02.12 16:00, schrieb Eric Shubert:
On 02/14/2012 01:23 AM, Johannes Weberhofer wrote:
Dear Eric,

First, I want to thank Jake for the work in the last years, sencond I
want to thank you for taking over the project now.

As said several times in the past, I am offering a qmailtoaster spin-off
at openSUSE's build service.
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3Aweberho%3Aqmailtoaster.
I have packages all possible packages in a standard FHS compatible way.
And removed the "-qmailtoaster" extensions from all the packages which
were not really toaster-specific. Some of the packages are meanwhile in
the main openSUSE repositories - Alexandre (aledr) is maintaining some
of the packages, thank you Alexandre!

I have re-worked all the packages to make them compiling on all possible
operating systems. The only thing that's currently not compiling is
simscan on CentOS/RHEL, as I did recently remove clamav and
spamassassinto support the OS's versions (and CentOS/RHEL so not offer
those in the standard distribution, when I'm right).

The spec files have been completely rewritten, all dependencies have
been corrected; On openSUSE 12.1 for example you can install it using
the command line:

zypper ar
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/weberho:/qmailtoaster/openSUSE_12.1/

zypper in qmail-toaster simscan dovecot12

Updates are made using

zypper up

That's it when I remember right; all dependencies are automatically
resolved and installed, down to perl packages.

If you like to, have a look at the packages. You can see all codes via
the above mentinoned web-interface. In case you like to cooperate: it
would be a pleasure!

Best regards,
Johannes

Thanks for reminding me about this, Johannes. I've taken a brief look at what's
there, and I like some of the things you've done. I most definitely would like
to leverage your work there. I think it behooves us to work together as much as
possible.

I'll also consider using OBS for a build environment going forward. I have a
feeling that it may create as many problems as it solves, but we'll see. I
think the QMT project needs a good dose of the KISS rule at this point, and to
be honest, building rpms isn't much of a problem at this point.

I'm not I'm not going to commit to supporting SuSE quite yet, but will give it
all careful consideration. I can safely say that SuSE support will be largely
dependent upon your and Alexandre's participation (and whoever else may step up
and contribute), so there may be hope for it.

We'll continue this topic on the devel list. Thanks again for your help and
participation.

P.S. Will you see that Alexandre gets subscribed to the devel list? ;)

Eric, I have BCCd Alexandre, so he should get this mail, too.

What I have done in the last years was simplifying the packages as much as
possible. Specs are _much_ shorter now, normally it's not necessary to make
changes to support new distribution versions, except when packaging changes
(packages were split into -devel and -lib packages recently) or when the
compilers or lint are uncovering problematic code. But those fixes are normally
also good for older distributions.

Johannes

--
Johannes Weberhofer