On 02/15/12 0:27, James Beam wrote:
/me plays wackamole 'Back into that hole Back!!'

2 Distros should be plenty for folks to deal with - helps yall refine the
product and keep support efforts predictable.

I agree with binary distribution so that can simplify updating system
and I am also agree it based on RHEL/CentOS

but I think 2 Distros is not plenty

please take a look at iredmail.org
it support 4 mainstream distro
- rhel/centos/scientific
- debian/ubuntu
- opensuse
- freebsd

they can manage this because all the components they use are officially provided by the distros' repositories. (that's why I am also agree Eric decision to use dovecot, mailman as it's provided by distro
and also will using SA/clamav from distro)
what iredmail do, is provide a script that work on those distros, installing all components, then configured them and finally give the end users A REALLY NICE admin interface. no hassle maintaining the core softwares, repositories and infrastructures.

but since we are qmailtoaster group
we use qmail,vpopmail,qmailadmin,daemontools,ucspi,etc which is not officially supported by most distros that's why we need to maintain our core softwares, repositories and infrastructures.

but I don't regret why my senior/consultant left me with qmailtoaster box
because I learn a lot from it and the community is friendly and helpful :D