You know, Nigel, this whole discussion is not FOR or AGAINST any specific
distro, but about how to best move the project forward with the resources and
knowledge we have. Since it is way easier to focus on one distribution when
about to change things (switch from srpm to rpm, etc.), it just makes sense to
(initially at least) trim down the number of supported platforms. There are no
hard feelings (or there should not be any, really) invested in this...

Whatever your trouble compiling the packages, please just ask on the list and
we'll try to help as best we can. Just be patient as it is no one's full time
job to support or develop this project.

Best,

Martin

Von meinem iPhone gesendet