On Monday 20 February 2012 08:38 AM, Nigel Reed wrote:
You're right, it's probably about time to migrate away from qmailtoaster. Mandriva is very much alive and kicking, thank you very much.
The reason a lot of people are not using qmail, I'm sure, is because Mandriva
comes with postfix installed and as you've seen by my experience trying to get
this damn thing compiled, it's a pain in the ass. There's too many bits to bolt
together for most people. A binary packages would be very welcome, I'm
sure...As we speak, I'm having trouble getting the latest clamav to compile.

According to this website, Mandriva is more popular then CentOS. Maybe you just
don't hear from from Mandriva people because they actually have a clue. I bet
most people running CentOS or Ubuntu are just tinkering around with it.

http://geektrio.net/?p=1404
You are comparing apples and oranges. If one sees the statistics for servers (not desktop users) then a slightly more accurate picture emerges :)

http://w3techs.com/technologies/details/os-linux/all/all

Bharath