On Tue, 2002-02-12 at 17:46, Clifton Royston wrote:

>   There are definitely some mail messages with malformed headers which
> will hose the POP connection to many common mail clients.  I believe
> I've mainly seen it with nested multipart MIME emails where the nesting
> was faulty, but also the occasional weirdly formatted spam.

I just recently learned that a line starting with "begin  " (two spaces)
is interpreted by M$ clients as the start of a uuencode sequence. If
this accidentally occurs at the start of a line, the rest of the message
will disappear as Outlook or OE attempt to intepret the rest as an
attachment.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q265230