On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 07:55:11PM +1100, Wayne Heming wrote:
> I know it happens with Outlook xpress and Eudora Pro 5.1. That is all I
> have tried. I should have explained it a bit better. I copied the mail file
> from one user to another (myself) and I had the same problem. I use Eudora
> and the user was using Outlook express.
>
> Next time it happens I will copy the file and keep it. (should have done
> this before)

  There are definitely some mail messages with malformed headers which
will hose the POP connection to many common mail clients.  I believe
I've mainly seen it with nested multipart MIME emails where the nesting
was faulty, but also the occasional weirdly formatted spam.

  As far as I can tell it's not qpopper's fault, but the mail client -
but it's been really hard to tell, and it *could* be qpopper losing
track of the message boundaries.

  We clean up maybe one or two of these per month, per around 10000
user mailboxes.

  -- Clifton

--
 Clifton Royston  --  LavaNet Systems Architect --  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   WWJD?   "JWRTFM!" - Scott Dorsey (kludge)   "JWG" - Eddie Aikau