I know it happens with Outlook xpress and Eudora Pro 5.1. That is all I
have tried. I should have explained it a bit better. I copied the mail file
from one user to another (myself) and I had the same problem. I use Eudora
and the user was using Outlook express.

Next time it happens I will copy the file and keep it. (should have done
this before)

Thought I had it again today, but it was just a message with a 4.6MB
attachment. It was timing out with a user, but I copied it and I could
download the messages fine.

Wayne