On Tuesday, 12. February 2002 10:37, you wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Randall Gellens wrote:
> > >I can copy the mail file to another user and the problem still
> > > exists.
> >
> > Is everyone using the same email client?  What happens if a user
> > experiencing the problem tries to fetch mail with a different client?
>
> Erm....
>
> If you go in on the local spool, does the client have a large message?
>
> Does the client have a short timeout (60 second default is only big
> enough for 100kB or so under most dialup circumstances) ?
>
> etc.
>
> Stop being so eager to blame qpopper, this sounds like a MUA problem.

I have exact this problem from time to time.
But i have no dialup-user, only LAN connections (100Mbit)
Mostly it starts with a big mail around 4 or 5 MByte. As i can reproduce
this problem by copying the problem mailbox to other users an get the
same error from different machines, i think it is a problem of qpopper to.
The clients are mostly outlook [97/98/200].

The only solution i found is to delete the "problem"-mail from the users
mailbox. If this occurs it does not help to set the timeout of the
clients to greater values.

regards
                        Jörg
--
Joerg Hartmann
mediadesign akademie                    Phone:  +49 340 253 20 23