Hi all
I am replying to this as I have a similar problem that I have been trying to
track for a while now.
Suddenly(about 10 days ago) I start getting mail in from a couple of months
ago.
It is rather embarrasing as it was an invite to customers and some of them are
mad because they wanted to partake in the special.
I checked the headers and mailman, mailscanner server, and sendmail/procmail
on the box delivered it on that day.
It also happens randomly and I can not see a specifc pattern. Of the tens of
thousands that I sent I recon 500 or 600 have problem.
I will be interested to see the headers of the mail that you got in late.
Check if sendmail delivered it correctly a year ago that way we can see where
your problem is.
I use redhat 7.3 sendmail 8.12.6 and qpopper  version 4.0.3 (standalone)
The only thing I cannot varify is qpopper.

Tnx

Mozzi

On Monday 30 June 2003 16:22, Charley Morgan wrote:
> I am running Solaris 8 with Sendmail as the MTA, procmail as the local
> mailer and ipop3d(part of SIMS that came with Solaris 7) for POP access.
> I upgraded to qpopper because of some problems we were having with POP
> access and all of a sudden mail that was VERY old began appearing in
> peoples mailboxes.  I mean messages that were a year old.  Any idea why
> this would happen?  The only thing I can figure is that our webmail
> server which is a separate server that makes a copy of messages from our
> main server was somehow putting messages back on the main server.  Is
> that possible?  The only thing webmail does is use POP3 to retrieve
> messages.
>
> Thanks for any input.
>
> Charley Morgan
> Internet Engineer
> Megagate Broadband
> Phone: 601.450.2580

> Please Note My NEW Email Address:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Scanned by @lantic IS Virus Control Service
This message was scanned for viruses and dangerous content.
@lantic Internet Services (Pty) Ltd. - http://www.lantic.net
eScan for Windows-based PCs - http://www.escan.co.za