I am running Solaris 8 with Sendmail Switch 2.2(the commercial version
of Sendmail).  I run procmail as the local mailer and am currently
running ipop3d(the version that came with the Sun Internet Mail Server
that was packaged with Solaris 7.)  I tested qpopper 4.0.3 a few months
ago when we began having problems with customers mailboxes locking up
for no reason.  We could simply move the mailbox to a temp file, send a
new test message and have the user check it and delete it, then simply
move the temp mailbox back and then they could download the messages.
Weird.  Anyway, back to the point, once qpopper was installed, customers
began receiving messages that they had already received many months ago.
It's not that the messages were never delivered, it's just that they
appeared again.  That is why I am thinking that the when my users
checked their mail using our webmail server, which just retrieves
messages using pop3, that somehow qpopper saw the messages on the
webmail server as new messages and was somehow downloading them back to
the server.  Even getting the messages that were in the users deleted
items in webmail.  Does that sound possible?  I didn't think that pop3
could do anything like that though.

I am going to do some testing on a second server I have available and
see what happens.  I will update everyone once my testing is done.

Thanks,

Charley Morgan
Internet Engineer
Megagate Broadband
Phone: 601.450.2580

Please Note My NEW Email Address:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]