From: Alan Brown [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 16 February 2004 20:18
To: Chris Payne
Cc: Derek Conniffe; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: POPPER jamming

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Chris Payne wrote:

> I've increased the nowait from its default(100 I believe) to
> nowait.400 This detects whether the pop client has disconnected or is
> failing to respond.  More-so for if you have dial-up users or users
> with Outlook.

Uh, no.

Nowait.XXX changes inetd's default shutdown parameters (40 calls in 60
seconds) to whatever XXX is before deciding the process is looping.

In your case: 400 calls per minute.

It would be better to make qpopper persistant and switch from nowait.400
to wait. The forkload will be significantly less for starters.

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---